- You can make file changes & updates at Slide Preview in Protea Room at hotel - must be done no less than 2 hours before your presentation
- WIDE FORMAT SCREEN (16:9) USED DURING SESSIONS
An Invitation to Participate
from the Program Chairman
Christopher Porter, MD
Abstract Submission Closed
• Abstract Deadline: June 10, 2018
• Notification of abstract acceptance in July 2018
• Deadline for PowerPoint Files & Video’s: September 20, 2018
• Dress code: Hawaiian style business attire
No ties or jackets. Aloha shirts and slacks. Resort cocktail attire at evening social events.
The 94th Annual Meeting will be held in Maui at the site of our 2014 meeting. The Grand Wailea will once again serve as our meeting venue and I recommend you book your room as early as possible as our group room block will likely sell-out quickly. If rooms are sold-out, please add your name to the hotel wait-list. In the past, those on the wait-list eventually received a room.
We are now accepting abstract submissions for the following topics: Bladder/Urethra, Calculi, Neurourology, Kidney, Pediatrics, Sexual Medicine, Incontinence/Pelvic Floor, Prostate, Testis, Ureter, How I Do it, History and Health Policy.
You may present your paper in one of the following formats:
Podium or Poster, Poster Only, Round Table, Essay Contest, or Digital Video.
We have improved our online submission process, making it easier and more streamlined.
The Program Committee will be meeting in July and soon thereafter notification of your submission acceptance will be sent. Please be sure to register for the meeting and review the abstract submission instructions.
There is something for everyone and we welcome your participation!
BONUS: If you are not a member and wish to join the WsAUA, your first meeting registration is free with your membership dues!
For WSAUA Residents: Enjoy one of urology's most collegial communities!
Maximizing the value of your meeting experience is our first priority. We also understand the need to network with interesting people and get some fresh air!
- Value: We offer very discounted meeting registration which includes many meals and events, (a $2000 value). Plus we offer a discounted registration for your spouse/guest which also includes spouse hospitality and social events. This is our way of welcoming you to the Western Section. Our meetings are family friendly too!
- Awards: There are numerous ways to be awarded for your excellence. See link above. In addition, scholarship awards are given to defer travel costs to one presenting resident per each training facility in the Western Section (to be selected by the program chief). The amount is $1000 except when the meeting is in Hawaii in which case it is $1500.
- Participation: WSAUA offers a wide variety of sessions from posters to the famous Round Table Program - allowing you more opportunity to present to your peers. Beyond the sessions we offer our Resident's "Rock 'n Roll" Bowl where you can compete with 3 teams of 4 for bragging rights and a lot of fun! There is also the Resident's Luncheon Program where its all about the business aspects of getting into a practice.
For Physicians and Young Urologists:
We also invite you to submit an abstract for our scientific program. Abstracts can be submitted online via the link above. There is an extensive array of presentation and award opportunities. Relevance? Just preview the web site, the CME, the speakers and topics. Let us know if we are missing anything. Sessions are professionally and meticulously set to create a comfortable, theater-like atmosphere with audience response tools, and plenty of time for discussion and Q&A. We also think our A/V team is the best!
Are you interested in health policy issues? If yes, submit a health policy / practice management related essay for award consideration and presentation during the Health Policy Forum - see details here.
Didactic learning from our experts: Our comprehensive Postgraduate Review & Examination Preparation Courses (PREP-C) will be offered to help you study for the In-Service Exam for re-certification and the Board Review Exam. Also, great for an overall urology didactical review. This is included with your registration.
While at the meeting you can enjoy a wide variety of content and learning formats. Offered are Poster Sessions, Exam Prep Courses, Practice Management Workshops, Health Policy Forum, Debates, Panels, Discussions, State of the Art Lectures, our Video Surgi-Session, Tricks of the Trade, Commercial Exhibits, Industry Symposium, Social Events, the famous Round Table Program, the super fun Resident's "Rock 'n Roll" Bowl, and lots of time for networking with friends, speakers and industry innovators.
Your Benefit: Opportunity & Enduring Relationships
In a convenient, affordable and beautiful location you can present to the largest urology meeting in the western U.S. , gain recognition by your peers, win awards, expand your network, enhance your career opportunities, engage with colleagues and industry, update your skills, learn new practice tools and innovations, prepare for new health policy changes, hear what’s in and what’s not, what the experts are saying….and build lasting relationships with some of the best urology professionals in the west.
We look forward to your participation, and just email or call us if you have a question or need help at 714.550.9155.
Christopher Porter, MD