Abstracts reviewed by the Western Section AUA Program Committee and accepted to present at the 94th Annual Meeting in Maui, Hawaii.
Sunday, Oct 28
- Poster Session 1
- Poster Session 2
- Poster Session 3
- Poster Session 4
- Poster Session 5 - Unmod.
- Poster Session 6 - Unmod.
- Poster Session 7 - Unmod.
- Poster Session 8 - Unmod.
- Health Policy Forum
Monday, Oct 29
Tuesday, Oct 30
Congratulations to the following essay contest winners!
Miley B. Wesson Resident Essay Winners
- 1ST PLACE: Nancy N. Wang, MD, MPH - “Teaching Urologists “How to Read Multi-Parametric Prostate MRIs Using PIRADSv2”: Results of an E-book Pilot Study.”
- 2ND PLACE: Jessica C. Dai, MD - “National Trends in Computed Tomography Utilization and CT-related Radiation Exposure in Stone Patients.”
- 3RD PLACE: Da David Jiang, MD - “Factors Influencing Delay in Undescended Testis Referral."
Joseph F. McCarthy Physician Essay Winners
- 1ST PLACE: Peter C. Black, MD - “Divergent Biological Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer.”
- 2ND PLACE: Thomas Chi, MD - “Fatty Acid Binding Protein 4 is an Essential Molecule for the Development of Kidney Stones: A New Understanding of why Obesity and Nephrolithiasis go Hand in Hand.”
- 3RD PLACE: Ericka M. Sohlberg, MD - “Long-Term Reoperation Rate is Equivalent for Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repairs with Biologic and Synthetic Grafts in a Large Population Based Cohort.”
History Essay Winners
- 1ST PLACE: Matthew E. Karlovsky, MD, FACS - “Joseph-Frédéric-Benoît Charrière- The French Surgical Instrument Maker and the “French” Behind the Urinary Catheter.”
- 2ND PLACE: Brian R. Winters, MD - “From Humble Beginnings to a Translational Resource for Prostate Cancer Researchers: The Story of LuCaP.”
Health Policy Essay Winners
- 1ST PLACE: William Brubaker, MD - “Payer Type, Race/Ethnicity, and the Timing of Surgical Management of Urinary Stone Disease.”
- 2ND PLACE: Kai B. Dallas, MD - “Prophylactic Midurethral Slings at the time of Pelvic Organ Prolapse Surgery to Prevent De-Novo Stress Incontinence– A Need to Reappraise?”
- 3RD PLACE: Michael K. Lam, MD - “Financial Conflict of Interest Among Academic Urologists.”